Thursday 19 September 2013

POST SCRIPT


                                                                        POST SCRIPT


Hard on the heels of the previous posting,  I notice with some amusement - with a lot, actually - that the flu vaccination programme, a pilot scheme in Leicestershire and Rutland, contains pork gelatine.   This has been trialled on 70,000 pupils aged 4 to 10 years.    At one school in Leicester the head is quoted as saying, the inclusion of pork gelatine showed "insensitivity".   The school apparently has 650 Muslim children, which as an indigenous parent I would feel particularly worried about  if I had my children attending that school.   Health officials have naturally apologised for not informing parents at the offset.  Oh, there's a surprise!    You can't see me, but I'm shaking my head in dismay.   Still, I'm about to enjoy my breakfast - eggs, baked beans and pork sausages .....

No comments:

Post a Comment